Politics
Judge threatens to hold Giuliani in contempt if he doesn’t hand over assets to Freeman and Moss
A federal judge threatened to hold disgraced lawyer Rudy Giuliani in contempt if he does not turn over his assets to the former Georgia election workers he defamed, rejecting Giuliani’s claim that he does not know where his assets are.
“The notion that your client doesn’t know where his assets are is farcical,” a frustrated Judge Lewis Liman told Giuliani’s attorney, Kenneth Caruso, in a court hearing in Manhattan on Thursday.
Liman gave Giuliani until Monday, Nov. 11, to turn over his assets to Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, who have been waiting for nearly a year to collect on the $148 million in damages he owes them for defamation. If Giuliani does not do so by the deadline, Liman said, “I will hold him in contempt.”

Freeman and Moss had been unable to collect on the sum for months due to proceedings in Giuliani’s bankruptcy case, which he filed for shortly after the judgment was handed down in December 2023. (He is appealing the verdict in a federal court in Washington, D.C.) Giuliani’s bankruptcy case was dismissed in July, and Liman later ordered him to turn over his assets to Freeman and Moss.
However, last week, when representatives for the women finally gained access to Giuliani’s New York City penthouse, they found that almost all of his property had been removed from the apartment, Aaron Nathan, an attorney for the women, said in a court filing. Nathan also said that Giuliani had yet to transfer any property to the women, and accused him and his lawyer of stonewalling on the whereabouts of his assets. Giuliani was also seen outside a polling place in Palm Beach, Florida, on Tuesday, in a Mercedez-Benz that was meant to be turned over to Freeman and Moss.
Giuliani had employed similar delay tactics in his bankruptcy proceedings, too. His creditors accused him of failing to submit timely and complete filings, and of hiding his assets and entering business deals in which money is paid to his businesses instead of his estate.
Outside the courthouse after the hearing on Thursday, Giuliani went on a tirade against the large judgment sum. He denied defaming Freeman and Moss and repeated the false claim that the 2020 election was “fixed.” He alleged without evidence that his defamation case was “political persecution” by President Joe Biden.
Giuliani also said he would join Trump’s second administration if the president-elect wanted him to.
“I’m not offering myself for anything, but I would, you know,” he told reporters. “I’m very dedicated to him.”
Clarissa-Jan Lim is a breaking/trending news blogger for BLN Digital. She was previously a senior reporter and editor at BuzzFeed News.
Politics
White House wants a reprieve in spy-powers fight that is splitting the GOP
The Trump administration is pushing for a clean extension of Section 702 surveillance authority ahead of an April deadline…
Read More
Politics
White House wants a reprieve in spy-powers fight that is splitting the GOP
The Trump administration is pushing for a clean extension of Section 702 surveillance authority ahead of an April deadline…
Read More
-
The Dictatorship1 year agoLuigi Mangione acknowledges public support in first official statement since arrest
-
Politics1 year agoFormer ‘Squad’ members launching ‘Bowman and Bush’ YouTube show
-
The Dictatorship5 months agoMike Johnson sums up the GOP’s arrogant position on military occupation with two words
-
Politics1 year agoBlue Light News’s Editorial Director Ryan Hutchins speaks at Blue Light News’s 2025 Governors Summit
-
Politics1 year agoFormer Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron launches Senate bid
-
The Dictatorship1 year agoPete Hegseth’s tenure at the Pentagon goes from bad to worse
-
Uncategorized1 year ago
Bob Good to step down as Freedom Caucus chair this week
-
Politics10 months agoDemocrat challenging Joni Ernst: I want to ‘tear down’ party, ‘build it back up’









